Friday, February 26, 2010

Cake Cookie Experimentation

Today in the kitchen, I experimented with cake cookies. They are super easy to make, take no time at all, and are really yummy. You can use any cake mix you want, most of them now come with cookie recipes on them, but they all basically call for the same things: cake mix, oil, water, and an egg.


I made two different cake mixes: yellow and chocolate, just a generic brand, nothing fancy. The yellow cake cookies called for ¾ cups oil, ¼ cup water, and an egg. I added mini chocolate chips to it to give it a little umphf. You just mix it all up, role them into balls and throw them in the oven (350 degrees, 12 minutes). Wham, bam, you’re done. Easy, simple, yummy. Little advise, the recipe I looked at said to bake them for 14-16 minutes, but I always shave off a minute or two just so they’re a little softer but not too gooey.

Now, the chocolate ones gave me a few fits. It called for ½ cup oil, ¼ cup water, and an egg, so there’s a little more oil in this recipe. I split the dough in half to make plain chocolate cookies and chocolate butterscotch cookies and man, those little butterscotch chips were a pain in the butt! They did not want to mix in with dough. I swear it was like being in junior high again, boys on one side of the gym, girls on the other and no one wanting to mix it up in the middle. I finally had to get rough and mash it all together with my hands. I showed them scrawny teenagers. :) Only bake these ones for ten minutes on 350 and they are delicious.

Happy cooking!

1 comment:

  1. They was good cookies!!!! I ate 6 without even realizing it!!

    ReplyDelete